Project Coordinator – Custom Fabrication Manufacturing
Job Posting: Project Coordinator
Title: Junior Project Coordinator – Custom Fabrication Manufacturing
Company: 3DS – Three Dimensional Services
Location: Burnaby, BC
Work Type: Permanent, Full-time (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Start Date: Immediately
We are currently seeking a motivated, personable, well-organized Project Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career and make an impact by participating in unique projects in a custom manufacturing and fabrication shop.
Your role as the Project Coordinator:
As Project Coordinator, you would be responsible for assisting with the administration and coordination of multiple projects with budgets ranging from $20,000 to $1,000,000+. The Project Coordinator supports the entire project life-cycle from initiation to completion and will act as the first point of contact for clients. They will also assist with data entry, ensuring information is accurate and usable for all internal and external stakeholders, and assist Project Managers in preparing reports.
The ideal candidate is someone who focusses on timely results, handles multiple priorities at once, and is detail oriented. They should know the basics of Project Management to proactively understand the needs of a client, and also be personable, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. As a liaison between the external client and internal stakeholders, they will effectively work independently, but who can also work within a team to reach a common goal. Self-motivation and a sense of accountability are essential for this position.
Who we are:
3DS is a creative company that focuses on the design, fabrication, and construction of museum exhibits, science centres, signage, public art, and resort installations. 3DS focuses on delivering high quality, creative, and innovative projects.
Our environment is engaging, creative, and fast-paced. Each project we complete is unique and collaborative. Working cohesively with our internal team, clients, and our suppliers is the key to our success.
Roles and Responsibilities as the Project Coordinator:
- Assists and supports the Project Manager in the day-to-day running of projects
- Maintains all incoming and outgoing communication channels between the internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate client expectations to applicable teams, escalating issues when needed
- Coordinate with internal and external suppliers and contractors
- Issue purchase requests and assist the Purchaser to ensure accurate inventory
- Enter data into company logs to create accurate budgets and scheduling reports
- Documents all deficiencies and warranty items for each project
- Prepares post-project reports
- Additional duties or projects as required
Skills and Experience
- 1 year working as a Project Coordinator or Project Assistant
- Associate Degree in Project Management is an asset
- Background in Industrial Design and/or Architecture is an asset
- Knowledge in the exhibit design or custom fabrication industry is preferred
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of basic Project Management methodologies
- Experience with scheduling techniques and software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cooperatively within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Result orientated with a history of owning and completing tasks in a timely manner and with attention to detail
3DS offers the chance to work on rewarding and fast-paced projects and the opportunity for growth and career development.
If you are driven for success, and are interested in joining the 3DS team, please submit your resume along with a cover letter here: APPLY NOW